We’re excited to announce that a new release of the T.O.V.A. is coming your way. There are lots of new features, but mostly the 8.2 is about improving the overall T.O.V.A. experience. As always, the software update is free of charge.
Improved T.O.V.A. Reports
Based on your feedback, we’ve made the reports easier to read and better organized. We’ve enhanced the Summary page by adding the number of Commissions and Omissions below the standard scores and improved the notes on the Interpretation Notes page. The Symptom Exaggeration Index (SEI) has been updated and renamed “Performance Validity”, which better helps you understand a subject’s performance while taking the T.O.V.A.
We’ve also added a T.O.V.A. Observation Form for you to record session-specific circumstances (caffeine intake, sleep) and subject behavior during the T.O.V.A. test, as well as post-session comments.
You’ll see lots of other improvements in the report, designed to make test results clearer and more relevant. And if you need more help in interpreting the T.O.V.A. test, T.O.V.A. interpretation support is always free!
Multilingual Test Instructions
One of the features we’re most excited about is our new multilingual instructions, which help prepare your subject to take the T.O.V.A. in their native language. Choose from English, Spanish, Hebrew, Korean, French, German, Danish, and Swedish. Even more languages are on their way, scheduled for the next release of the T.O.V.A.
We want your session data to be as safe and secure as possible, so we’ve built automatic backups into the T.O.V.A. Your database will be backed up to a separate file once a month. It can also be configured to back up more frequently or to a location of your choice. For extra security, you can back up the data yourself at any time with the click of a button.
The new Status window is where the T.O.V.A. application can alert you to any problems that might affect your ability to test. A green Status button in the main T.O.V.A. window means you’re good to go!
Customer Service Notifications
There are times when we need to reach customers about technical problems or account issues. These notifications will appear directly in the T.O.V.A., in the new Status window.
How to upgrade
Make sure your computer is actually connected to the Internet; for example, make sure you can visit our website at http://www.tovatest.com/
If your computer is connected to the Internet:
- Open the T.O.V.A. and wait a few minutes (depending on the speed of your Internet connection) while the update downloads in the background.
- At the bottom of the main window, you should see the “Updates” button. Once the “Updates” button turns red, the update should be ready to install.
- Click “Updates” and then click “Install software update (v. 8.2-143-gafe4d95)”.
- Read over the release notes, if you like, then click, “Install”. The T.O.V.A. application may exit while the update installs.
- When it has finished updating, the updated T.O.V.A. will start up, and you’re ready to go!
If your computer is NOT connected to the Internet:
- On a computer that is connected to the Internet, download the latest T.O.V.A. installer at: http://files.tovatest.com/installers/release/current.cgi
- Copy this installer to the computer you use for the T.O.V.A.
- Run the installer you saved on your T.O.V.A. computer, and it will update your T.O.V.A. to the latest version.
Important note for Mac users and others who use a boot CD or boot flash drive:
If you boot to the PTE using boot media--meaning you use a T.O.V.A. CD or USB flash drive when you restart into the PTE--then you’ll need to update your boot media when you update the T.O.V.A. software. The User’s Manual has instructions for this; see Updating the T.O.V.A. 8 CD. Or, let us know, and we'll send you a new CD or USB flash drive.
Still have the T.O.V.A. 7? It's easy to upgrade!
The T.O.V.A. 8 plugs into your USB port, so no more fussing with parallel ports. It works with Windows 7, Vista, and XP, as well as most Apple Mac computers. Still have the T.O.V.A. 7? No need to uninstall or use up all your old credits. Send your old hardware to us, and we can convert the credits to the new T.O.V.A. 8 credits.
Don't have the T.O.V.A? Want another T.O.V.A. kit? Purchase the T.O.V.A. 8 now!
We are proud of the new T.O.V.A. version, and we’re always happy to hear from you. Contact us with your questions and suggestions, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00pm PT: