While our latest version of the Precision Test Environment (PTE) works with many more computers, some still have issues. This page summarizes the models we've tested.
Please understand that new computers with new, untested hardware are being sold all the time, and that manufacturer and model names are not always consistent.
What if my computer isn't listed?
If your computer doesn't appear below, try it out:
- Make sure it meets our basic system requirements.
- Make sure that your computer's data is backed up.
- Enter your T.O.V.A. serial number here to download the latest version of the software.
- Install the software and configure it for PTE.
- Test the PTE and plug in your T.O.V.A. flash drive to give us the most information.
- Whether it works or not, please send us a support request to let us know.
This is a list of models that we've tested with the T.O.V.A. The PTE should work on recommended systems, though some may require special configuration, a T.O.V.A. flash drive (included), or an additional USB adapter (not included).
|Microsoft Surface||Laptop, Laptop 2, and Go||Go 2||Laptop 3, Laptop Go|
|Pro 3, 4, 6, and model 1796||Pro 7 and X|
|Book 2||Book 1 and 3|
|Dell||Most Latitude and Inspiron systems||XPS|
|Lenovo||Most tested systems work||ThinkCentre M720e desktop (11BD003EUS)|
|HP||Models and reliability vary||Systems with SureStart: Elite laptops and Z-series desktops|
The MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and iMac are popular choices. The MacBook and MacMini should also work. For compatibility, check the year of manufacture in the Apple menu About This Mac:
- 2014 and earlier - The Legacy PTE will still work, but you might find the new PTE more convenient since it can work without a flash drive or CD. Try it out!
- 2017 and later - May require a USB audio adapter (not included) for test instructions and Auditory tests
- 2018 and later - May have a T2 security chip that blocks the PTE. It can be disabled, but these systems are not recommended.
- iMac users will need a USB keyboard and/or mouse to use the PTE setup.
Some hardware may be incompatible with the T.O.V.A. PTE:
- Radeon Ryzen 3 3200U + Vega 3
- High-performance graphics cards, like NVidia
- Intel Atom Processors
- Multiple screens
- Wireless keyboards and mice
- Our EAV hardware setup works with virtually any modern Windows or Mac computer, though it requires an external VGA monitor.
- We also sell laptops refurbished Windows 10 laptops preconfigured with the T.O.V.A.