Please join us via Zoom for the live "Attention, ADHD, and the T.O.V.A." three-part workshop. This workshop is designed to provide an in-depth understanding of the T.O.V.A. as an aid in the assessment of, and evaluation of treatment for, attention deficits, with a primary focus on ADHD. The cost is $150. Account must be in paid in full to register.
- 6.75 hours will be divided into three sessions lasting 2 hours and 15 minutes each.
- The focus of the workshop is the interpretation of the T.O.V.A. in a clinical context with case examples (including ADHD and head injuries).
- Workshop participants are invited to share T.O.V.A. reports to discuss.
- New to the T.O.V.A.? You are welcome to join us!
The last day to register is Monday, May 10, 2021. The workshop is not recorded.
Session 1 - Wednesday, May 12, 2021 - 8 am
- Overview of Attention and Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Attention and Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, DSM 5 criteria for subtypes, test features, impact of ADHD
Session 2 - Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 8 am
- Assessment of ADHD and Attention Disorders: Causes of ADHD symptoms, assessment procedures for adults and children, treatment options.
- The Structure, Administration, and Scoring of the Test of Variables of Attention (T.O.V.A.): History of the T.O.V.A., administration of the test, Visual and Auditory norms, uses of the T.O.V.A., review of the T.O.V.A. report.
Session 3 - Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 8 am
- Interpreting the T.O.V.A. Report: Case examples using the T.O.V.A. in the assessment of attention disorders, including ADHD.
Who should attend?
Professionals who work with ADHD and other attention disorders.
- Participants will be able to administer the T.O.V.A.
- Participants will know the sections of the T.O.V.A. report and be able to interpret them.
- Participants will know the normative range (by age and gender) of the auditory and visual T.O.V.A.
- Participants will know how to set up custom subject and session fields to track practice-specific information.
- Participants will be able to use the T.O.V.A. in the context of an ADHD assessment and in the evaluation of treatment for ADHD.
- Participants will be able to communicate T.O.V.A. results to other health professionals.
- Participants will be familiar with new treatments for ADHD.
- Participants will have a wider view of different perspectives of attention and ADHD.
We use Zoom for videoconferencing; we suggest installing it on your computer and testing it before the workshop begins. The link to the workshop will be emailed to you after you register.
- Christopher Holder, M.A., L.M.H.C., CEO of The TOVA Company.
$150.00 per person for all three sessions. Group and Student discounts available.
If a registrant cancels 7 days or more prior to the workshop, a refund will be issued (less a $25.00 processing fee per registrant). No refunds issued if the registrant cancels less than 7 days prior to workshop. If The TOVA Company cancels the workshop, a full refund will be issued.
If you have any questions or special needs, please contact The TOVA Company at 800-729-2886 or 562-594-7700. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.